DSE Display Screen Equipment
Course Duration: Half Day
Location/Venue: On your Site (UK Wide)
Course Dates: To Suit Your Requirements
Max Delegate Numbers: 12
For more information or available dates please call us on 0114 2180 665.
Very probably, all businesses will now be working with DSE in some form or another (the most likely being Visual Display Units (VDU) on computers. The hazards to health are now very well documented with substantial compensation awards made by the Courts to individuals where the Employee has successfully claimed for Employer negligence.
The Health & Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992,sets out the duties on Employers to protect against the risk to the health of Employees operating this type of equipment.
Typically, the course content would include a basic introduction to:
- The Law, Duties of the Employer and Employee.
- Adopting a comfortable work position (Ergonomics).
- A training video on Office Safety.
- Details of the range of adjustments with furniture.
- The need for a working pattern with breaks from the screen.
- Arrangements for eye and eyesight tests.
- Recognising and reporting problems, observation and working practices (including an assessment of a workstation on the employers premises).
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who uses display screen equipment for an average one hour per working day.
Out of stock