Confined Spaces Awareness/Entry
Course Duration: One Day
Location/Venue: On your Site (UK Wide)
Course Dates: To Suit Your Requirements
Max Delegate Numbers: 8
For more information or available dates please call us on 0114 349 9099.
Please Note: Additional Fees will be added to the invoice amount for hire of equipment if required.
To ensure individuals understand the basic principals of the main Health & Safety considerations when entering a Confined Space. To also ensure they understand their Legal Obligations and Responsibilities towards Health & Safety practices.
- Current Legislation.
- Recognition of Confined Spaces.
- Dangers associated with Confined Spaces.
- Human Respiratory System.
- Use of Gas Detection Equipment in Hazardous Atmospheres.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment, i.e. ropes, harnesses and man riding hoists.
- Use of Escape Breathing Apparatus.
- Pre-entry checks on Equipment/Safe systems of work for entry into Confined Spaces.
- Methods of Communication.
- Manning Levels.
- Emergency Procedures.
- Vertical Access and Egress using a Tripod and Winch.
- Diseases and Personal Hygiene associated with Confined Spaces.
- Awareness of the need for Periodic Examinations of Equipment.
- Student Assessment.
Who Should Attend?
Contractors/Self Employed/Employees who need a basic awareness of Health & Safety Practices and those who work on Client/Company sites including Construction, Petrol/Chemical Power Stations and Steel Sites.
Out of stock