Face Fit Testing
Course Duration: Dependent on number of delegates
Location/Venue: On your Site (UK Wide)
Course Dates: To Suit Your Requirements
1-12 Delegates (Half Day) = £350
13-20 Delegates (One Day) = £475
For more information or available dates please call us on 0114 349 9099.
Eating and drinking beforehand
• Participants should refrain from eating, drinking (other than water), and smoking within 30 minutes of their allocated time slot.
What to do if someone fails a Face Fit test?
• Remember, you can be tested twice on the same respirator.
• You only fail if you fail twice on the same size and model of respirator.
How often do failures happen?
• It is not unusual to find that some people have difficulty obtaining a reliable fit with their selected respirator. This is not surprising as it is impossible to design a respirator that fits everybody. When this occurs, an alternative respirator of a different design or size, but with at least the same level of protection, can be offered. The Face Fit Test is then repeated using this alternative model.
• Usually just one alternative model or size is needed to achieve a pass of the Face Fit Test second time around.
How to select an alternative respirator to use
• There are a range of different respirators. We are confident that there is an effective, comfortable alternative for anyone who does not pass the Face Fit Test . Ensure the alternative respirator selected offers the same level of protection.
Repeat Fit Testing
• Arrange for Face Fit testing on an alternative model or size as soon as possible for anyone failing the Face Fit Test.