UKATA Asbestos Awareness
Course Duration: Half Day (Morning)
Course Dates: Please see our course calendar
This course sets out the guidance issued by the UK Asbestos Training Association (UKATA) for the provision of asbestos awareness training as contained within the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR). The Regulation requires every employer to ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to their employees who are may be exposed to asbestos, or who supervise such employees. This course will assist employers in meeting the requirement by explaining the properties of asbestos and its effects on health, the types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos and ACMs in buildings / plants and the general procedures to be followed in the event of an emergency.
*If you have multiple delegates then Q1Tum’s in-house training option could save you money. For more information please get in touch for a full quote.
The Course aims to provide awareness and develop the knowledge amongst employees in regards to the hazards and risks posed by asbestos containing materials (ACMs). It will further give an overview of the legislative measures in place to permit employees to safeguard themselves and others affected by work activities.
- Outline of the properties, risks and its effects on health of asbestos exposure
- General knowledge of the types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs in buildings and plants
- How to aviod the risks from asbestos
- Outline of the legislation relating to asbestos
- Outline of the properties, risks and effects on health due to asbestos exposure
- General knowledge of the associated with risks and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs
in buildings and plants
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors, trades personnel, trainees, demolition workers, construction workers, general maintenance staff, electricians, plumbers, gas fitters, painters and decorators, joiners, plasterers, roofers, heating and ventilation engineers, telecommunication engineers, fire and burglar alarm installers, computer installers, architects, building surveyors, shopfitters and other such professionals.