- Current Legislation.
- Recognition of Confined Spaces.
- Dangers associated with Confined Spaces.
- Human Respiratory System.
- Use of Gas Detection Equipment in Hazardous Atmospheres.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment, i.e. ropes, harnesses and man riding hoists.
- Use of Escape Breathing Apparatus.
- Pre-entry checks on Equipment/Safe systems of work for entry into Confined Spaces.
- Methods of Communication.
- Manning Levels.
- Emergency Procedures.
- Vertical Access and Egress using a Tripod and Winch.
- Diseases and Personal Hygiene associated with Confined Spaces.
- Awareness of the need for Periodic Examinations of Equipment.
- Student Assessment.
Who Should Attend?
Contractors/Self Employed/Employees who need a basic awareness of Health & Safety Practices and those who work on Client/Company sites including Construction, Petrol/Chemical Power Stations and Steel Sites.