- A sound knowledge of the legal obligations covering the provision and use of excavation supports.
- The ability to identify excavation supporting components and know the reasons for their use.
- Knowledge of standard “battering back”/“Stepping” and where and when the requirements for calculations and design are triggered.
- An understanding of why excavations fail, including typical warning signs and typical structural defects.
- The techniques of inspection and the completion and recording of excavation inspection reports.
- Access and Egress.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors and Managers with responsibility for the Inspection of Excavations and their various Supporting Structures.