Developed by the globally chartered body the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health, this IOSH Managing Safely course is the market-leading health and safety course for line managers. It is tried, tested and trusted to provide all managers with the confidence and enthusiasm to apply knowledge in the workplace, and practical actions they need to take to effectively handle health and safety on behalf of their teams. Delivering the key skills required by those in positions of responsibility to identify, evaluate and control workplace risks and hazards. Allowing the students workplace to promote high health and safety standards throughout the workplace.
- Recognize safety and health hazards and assess risks in the workplace.
- Apply and understand the importance of key health and safety controls.
- Ensure adequate health and safety training and supervision of staff is provided.
- Identify what actions should be taken when a incident involves injury or damages occur.
- Communicate effectively on safety and health issues to promote a positive health and safety culture.
- Gain greater productivity which leads to fewer hours lost to sickness and accidents.
- Improved organisation-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures.
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace.
- Internationally recognised certification for managers and supervisors.
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain.
- Module 1: Introducing Managing Safely
- Module 2: Assessing Risks
- Module 3: Controlling Risks
- Module 4: Understanding Responsibilities
- Module 5: Understanding Hazards
- Module 6: Investigating Incidents
- Module 7: Measuring Performance
How is the IOSH Managing Safely Assessed?
Students are assessed through a two-step assessment process:
- A Practical Risk Assessment. Students must apply the knowledge gained throughout the course to real workplace situations.
- A Multiple-choice test of 30 questions with 60 marks available. Students must achieve 36 out of 60 to pass.
Who Should Attend?
The IOSH Managing Safely course is ideal for anyone who hold responsibilities for others within the workplace. Such as First Line Supervisors, Managers, Team Leaders and Foremen for Managers and Supervisors in any sector, and organisation. No prior knowledge of health and safety is required for this IOSH course, but a good standard of English is recommended.
Q1tum Classroom based courses are delivered at our training facilities within Renishaw Hall & Gardens. The course will begin at 9.30am and finish at 4.30pm.
This IOSH Managing Safely Course is delivered over 4 Days – 1 Day a Week for 4 Weeks.
On Completion of this Qualification:
Students will gain the knowledge and practical skills to take responsibility for health and safety in their workplace. It may not turn students into safety experts, but it will give them with the understanding and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they’re responsible for. Importantly, it brings home just why health and safety is such an essential part of their role. This provides Employers with peace of mind that their managing employees are confident in considering health and safety throughout the workplace. This qualification demonstrates employers concern for their employees health and wellbeing.
On successful completion of the the course, students are awarded with an IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
Many Students who have studied and successful completed the IOSH Managing Safely consider the NEBOSH General Certificate course. Considered the gold standard in health and safety qualifications, this course is ideal for those wishing to start a career in health and safety. 87% of UK employers ask for a NEBOSH qualification when recruiting for health and safety roles, making it invaluable for health and safety professionals.