The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) is a established, in-demand leading health and safety qualification for the construction industry, highly sought after, trusted and respected globally. This NEBOSH qualification is a real stamp of quality for those who attain it. Ensuring valuable expertise, commitment to health and safety through legal requirements and good practice, knowledge and understanding of the 6 roles in the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations. The course is guided by legislation but focussed on best practice, laying the foundations for a healthier and safer construction site. By covering the core health and safety issues involved in construction, Students will gain invaluable knowledge and practical skills to minimise workplace risks, hazards and injuries, in complience with the UK HSE’s (Health and Safety Executive) guidance. Crucially, ensuring that students can carry out, unaided, a safety inspection of a construction workplace and prepare appropriate reports.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) is now a Level 7, this globally respected qualification meets the academic requirements for the issue of the ‘Academically Qualified Person’ (AQP) CSCS Card.
- Students with the NEBOSH Construction (UK) qualification will gain knowledge on how to help their employers to avoid prosecution, litigation, absence costs and loss of reputation. They will also be able to advise on roles, competencies, duties and improvments under construction legislation.
- Gain the confindence to challenge unsafe behaviours and offer practical solutions.
- Be able to influence and strengthen positive workplace culture, to improve employee wellbeing and performance within the organisation.
- Students will gain the knowledge and understanding on how to help manage contractors.
- Ensure the organisation complies with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM).
- Develop safe systems of work and recognise, assess and control workplace changes and a range of common construction hazards.
- Minimise workplace injuries and illness by assessing risks, excavation, demolition, working at height, chemical and biological agent and physical and psychological health etc.
Course Units – CN1:
- Element 1 – The foundations of construction health and safety management
- Element 2 – Improving health and safety culture and assessing risk
- Element 3 – Managing change and procedures
- Element 4 – Excavation
- Element 5 – Demolition
- Element 6 – Mobile plant and vehicles
- Element 7 – Working at height
- Element 8 – Musculoskeletal health and load handling
- Element 9 – Work equipment
- Element 10 – Electricity
- Element 11 – Fire
- Element 12 – Chemical and biological agents
- Element 13 – Physical and psychological health
Who Should Attend?
The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) is ideal for Supervisors, Construction Managers, Contract Managers, Construction Advisors, Site Workers with Health and Safety Responsibilities and Principle Designers within the construction industry who are required to ensure activities under their control are undertaken safely.
This Course is also aimed at anyone who needs a broad understanding of construction, health and safety issues to be able to manage day-to-day risks effectively, and excellent for CPD for professionals working in other sectors looking to move into construction.
How is the NEBOSH Construction Assessed?
The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) now consists of one assessment:
- CN1 – An open book examination (OBE), which will be based on a realistic scenario. Students are given 48 Hours to complete the examination, this is done so online from the comfort of the students own home or workplace. Students can also complete the examination from the Q1tum Training Facilities with their own laptop etc. if this is preferred (further information will be provided on commencement of the course).
Q1tum Classroom based courses at the Renishaw Hall & Gardens training facilities begin at 9.30am and finishes at 4.30pm.
This Construction Course is delivered over 10 Days – 1 Day a Week for 10 Weeks, Every Tuesday until the CN1 Examination.
On Completion of this Qualification:
Students will have gained technical knowledge and understanding to effectively manage construction sites and workplaces. Furthering their role as a employee responsible for health and safety within the construction industry with the leading practical skills learnt from the NEBOSH Qualification. All Students will also gain a Level 7 Qualification and NEBOSH Certification
Employers will have a valuable in-house health and safety expertise for their organisation and construction site. Demonstrating their commitment and competence to health and safety to their employees, fellow organisations, and new businesses. This qualification allows employers meet recognised standards, codes of practice and even win new business, making it a return on investment.