The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is globally considered the gold standard in health and safety qualifications. It is one of the UK’s most popular and widely respected health and safety qualifications with over 220,000 people who have passed the qualification. Thousands of leading professionals, experts and organisations have helped NEBOSH update the most widely respected health and safety qualification of its kind in the world. The NEBOSH National General Certificate is considered the industry standard as it is designed to reflect the needs of today’s employers, organisations and sectors. Equipping students with the skills to manage and assess workplace risk effectively and knowledge of legislation and best practice to make their workplace safer. 87% of UK employers ask for a NEBOSH qualification when they are recruiting for health and safety roles, making it invaluable for health and safety professionals.
General in nature, the NEBOSH National General Certificate is relevant to every workplace and organisation, whether health and safety is your main responsibility, or just a part of what you do, the course will give you vital knowledge in the UK’s key legal requirements to help you perform better in your role at work. By managing, identifying, measuring and controlling common workplace hazards. This course is ideal to for both students and employers to minimise workplace injuries and illness, boost employee wellbeing and demonstrate workplace commitment to health and safety, which can win business.
- Students will gain knowledge, understanding and confidence on how to effectively manage and advise health and safety. Carry out risk assessments and how to identify and control common workplace hazards. Along with how to measure if they have been successful.
- The ability to develop and implement a detailed action plan to manage and minimise workplace risks.
- Understand the UK’s key legal, moral and ethical requirements to justify health and safety improvements.
- Students will walk away from the course confident in their ability to carry out risk assessments and incident investigations. Develop and implement a detailed action plan and support, manage, safeguard and assess workplace risks effectively.
- Support and develop company health and safety culture.
- Ability to provide organisations with valuable in-house health and safety expertise.
Unit NG1: Management of Health and Safety
Element 1 – Why we should manage workplace health and safety.
Element 2 – How health and safety management systems work and what they look like.
Element 3 – Managing risk – understanding people and processes.
Element 4 – Health and safety monitoring and measuring.
Unit NG2: Risk Assessment
Element 5 – Physical and psychological health.
Element 6 – Musculoskeletal health.
Element 7 – Chemical and biological agents.
Element 8 – General workplace issues.
Element 9 – Work equipment.
Element 10 – Fire.
Element 11 – Electricity.
Who Should Attend?
Relevant to every workplace, the NEBOSH National General Certificate is ideal for managers, supervisors and non-specialists who have obligations abd responsibilities for health and safety and require an internationally recognised measure of competence in this field. If you advise others in any capacity on health and safety issues, or if you are a safety adviser seeking initial training for your role the course will provide a solid introduction to the principles of health and safety.
This course is also perfect for those embarking on a life-long career in occupational health and safety, by providing a stepping stone to success.
How is the NEBOSH General Assessed?
Students are assessed through a two-step assessment process:
- NG1 – An Open Book Examination (OBE) where Delegates will have 24 hours to complete the Examination – This is done so online from the comfort of the students on home or workplace. Students can also complete the examination from the Q1tum Training Facilities with their own laptop etc. if this is preferred. (further information will be provided on
commencement of the course).
- NG2 – A Practical Risk Assessment – This Practical assessment is based on the students workplace, It includes the development of an action plan that is to be immediately utilised to improve their workplaces health and safety. Students are to submit the assessment 10 Working Days from the NG1 Examination.
Q1tum Classroom based courses at the Renishaw Hall & Gardens training facilities begin at 9.30am and finishes at 4.30pm.
This General Block Course is delivered over 10 Days – 10 Consecutive Days, 2 Weeks (Excluding Weekends) until the NG1 Examination.
On Completion of this Qualification:
All Students will have created a strong foundation for a career in health and safety, and advanced their knowledge and skills not only vocationally but practically. Establish Confidence in their roles and in their ability to risk assess, recognise and minimise workplace hazards and safeguard their colleagues, peers and people. All Students will also gain a Level 3 Qualification and NEBOSH Certification.
Holders of the NEBOSH National General Certificate are entitled to Associate Membership (AIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). The qualification also meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH.
Employers with benefit from a safer workplace as employees with the NEBOSH National General Certificate understand how to help their employers develop safety culture, avoid prosecution, litigation, absence costs and loss of reputation.
An employer whose staff are NEBOSH qualified is an employer committed to health and safety. The NEBOSH National General Certificate can help employers meet cognised standards, codes of practice and even help win new business. This course is a return on investment, as the student with the qualification has a practical set of skills that brings real value to the modern workplace.
Many Students who have studied and successful completed the NEBOSH General Certificate course, consider the NEBOSH Diploma. This course is the flagship NEBOSH award for health and safety qualifications. With its Degree Level syllabus designed by experts for experts, Students will perform as a leading SHEQ Professional of the future.