The Course aims to provide awareness and develop the knowledge amongst employees in regards to the hazards and risks posed by asbestos containing materials (ACMs). It will further give an overview of the legislative measures in place to permit employees to safeguard themselves and others affected by work activities.
- Outline of the properties, risks and its effects on health of asbestos exposure
- General knowledge of the types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs in buildings and plants
- How to aviod the risks from asbestos
- Outline of the legislation relating to asbestos
- Outline of the properties, risks and effects on health due to asbestos exposure
- General knowledge of the associated with risks and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs
in buildings and plants
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors, trades personnel, trainees, demolition workers, construction workers, general maintenance staff, electricians, plumbers, gas fitters, painters and decorators, joiners, plasterers, roofers, heating and ventilation engineers, telecommunication engineers, fire and burglar alarm installers, computer installers, architects, building surveyors, shopfitters and other such professionals.