The Working at Height Regulations 2005 require all work platforms greater than 2m in height to be inspected by a Competent Person at intervals not exceeding 7 days. To satisfy this requirement on Basic Tube and Fit Scaffolds, Q1Tum Ltd have developed this course format and content:
- The legislation and standards surrounding traditional (Tube & Fitting) scaffolding:
- BS EN 12811
- How to identify the various components used in scaffolding.
- The erection sequences and the fixing of scaffold members.
- How to ensure that the correct type of protection for particular risks is in place.
- Completing the Scaffold Inspection Register.
- Scaffold Tie Systems Criteria.
- Undertaking the principals of how to complete an inspection of scaffolds.
- Scaffolding Assessments and Exercises.
- Examples of Good/Bad Practice – Video.
Upon Completion, each delegate would receive a certificate of competence to confirm that your organisation has trained its employees to the legally required level.
Who Should Attend?
Any person/s within the workplace who are tasked with inspecting basic Tube and Fit Scaffold structures to comply with the Work at Height Regulations 2005.