The Health & Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992,sets out the duties on Employers to protect against the risk to the health of Employees operating this type of equipment.
Typically, the course content would include a basic introduction to:
- The Law, Duties of the Employer and Employee.
- Adopting a comfortable work position (Ergonomics).
- A training video on Office Safety.
- Details of the range of adjustments with furniture.
- The need for a working pattern with breaks from the screen.
- Arrangements for eye and eyesight tests.
- Recognising and reporting problems, observation and working practices (including an assessment of a workstation on the employers premises).
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who uses display screen equipment for an average one hour per working day.