The CITB SMSTS Refresher certificate training course is designed to ensure that personnel maintain and up-date their current health and safety knowledge. The course covers changes to legislation, approved codes of practice and best working practice within the industry.
Individuals wishing to renew their certificate must provide a copy of the original five-day course certificate. Details of the course venue and the date of the course should also be provided if known. Only those individuals who have passed the five day course and provided evidence of this will be eligible to take the two day refresher course.
Upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
– Appreciate recent developments in construction legislation accident causes, costs and reasons for prevention
– Understand the legal system, relevant legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, Guidance Notes Codes of Practice and Case Law
– Conduct risk assessments
– Monitor health and safety performance
– Understand best practice in the management of sub-contractors
– Disseminate information to operatives and sub-contractors